1. Go on a Non-DietSome women avoid the cookie jar, count calories *I know I do* and refer to yourself as 'bad' if you dare enjoy two or three slices of a cake. Hating our bodies has become a pastime that running down a list of flaws to friends actually counts as conversation. Oh my God!
Try it! Enjoy the papaya juice, eat the Burger King's Whopper burger and order McDonald's apple pie! Just as eating salad for one day won't make you thin, a few fun dinners with friends won't make you fat too!
2. Book Your Dream Vacation - Go Alone if You Have to!You've always wanted to see Rome or Bandung or Sipadan Island, but you never seem to have the time and if you did, you don't have anyone to share it with.
Try it! The truth is that the time is never 'right' to do something amazing. Let's face it - it's easier to make excuses than actually do that thing. You have to make the time. And if there's no one to accompany you, then who knows? You might meet someone special there!
3. Cut the Credit Card NooseOkay. Call your credit card company and renegotiate your APR - there's a good chance it's higher than you realize. Then, open up a separate savings account because you are about to save some serious cash, lady. Make your own coffee at home instead of buying it at Starbucks. Oh, pack your own lunch as well. These two will save you around RM200 to RM300 a month!
4. Kick your Celebrity AddictionA friend of mine loves to blog-hopping every single day for God-knows-how-many hours in front of the laptop.
Try it! Toss the tabloids and magazines. Disconnect from internet and switch off your computer. Pick up the phone and catch up with old friends. Browse your local bookstore and get to know the world you live in, seriously. Go out there and look at the world!
5. Date Yourself - ExclusivelyTake some time to enjoy your own life, pamper your passions, hone your hobbies and truly get to know yourself. *sometimes other people know you more than you know yourself*
6. Work at Your Dream JobWhether it's writing, accounting or opening your own bake shop, there is no reason you can't be doing something you love while earning a solid paycheck. You just have to be smart about it. Start a blog, take a class or sell cookies out of your kitchen on the side while you work at your current position. The more you indulge your dreams as a hobby, the more likely it is that it will ignite your passion and have you brainstorming new ways to make your dreams come true. Motion creates motion: Sitting there complaining that you missed your chance will get you nowhere fast. *my older sister works as a teacher and she loves writing. Her colleague offers her to write a script for a play. She accepted it and now she is a scriptwriter!*
7. Tackle your Biggest Fear!Be it cockroaches, heights, or public speaking, every gal has something that leaves her shaking in her heels. Look, no one suggesting you sleep in a cemetery. But taking small steps to overcome your fear is healthy. Not only will it increase your confidence; it will also likely show you that you have given whatever it is more power than it deserves.
8. Let Go of the Past.You've had the same look since school or college *I did but then I changed mine during college*. You even wear some of the same clothes. Yes, you were a total cutie back the - but that was 10 years ago! You may not realize it but trends, face shapes and body types change over the years, which is why it's important to freshen up your look every so often. For starters, cut and change your hairstyle to the ones you never tried.
Whatever you do, do it wholeheartedly and with passion! ^,^